School Site Council (SSC)
Are you looking to get involved and help improve student achievement?
The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of the Tom Kitayama Elementary School Principal , parents, school staff, and faculty. The Tom Kitayama Elementary School Site Council (SSC) meets monthly to discuss issues and concerns affecting our school. A critical responsibility for the School Site Council (SSC) is to support the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), monitor its achievements, and provide suggestions for necessary changes. The meeting is open to the entire school community.
Why Is the School Site Council Important?
- Provides school staff members, parents, community members, and students a voice in maintaining and improving academic achievement.
What Does the School Site Council Do?
- Make recommendations regarding the annual budget of categorical funding for our school site.
- Support developing the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA ) with the Principal.
- Reviews student academic data and school safety plan.
How Do I Become a Member?
- Attend School Site Council (SSC) meetings regularly, as a member of the school to decide if you would like to become involved. School Site Council (SSC) meetings are scheduled the third Wednesday of each month from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Discuss with Principal Kim-Dung Nguyen (email@example.com) about your interest in serving on the School Site (SSC).
- Participate in the annual elections in September.
- No experience is needed.